Skip to content

Capable of Handling All Types of Criminal Law Cases

Criminal Law

If you or a family member has been charged with a traffic offense, misdemeanor or felony, we understand that you naturally feel scared. We handle all types of criminal cases including probation violations, drug offenses, violent crimes, sex crimes, family violence, juvenile offenses, driving under the influence and all other traffic offenses.

What should I do if I am suspected of committing a crime?

If you are suspected of committing a crime or have been arrested, you should not speak to anyone about the allegations without first consulting an attorney, even if you are not guilty. This includes family members, friends, the district attorney and the police.

What should I do if a friend or family member is arrested?

Should you or a family member or friend have the unfortunate experience of being arrested, the first thing you should do is determine whether a bond has been set. The jail can usually provide this information. If a bond has already been set, you may post a cash bond, a property bond if law enforcement approves the same or hire a bail bondsman to post your bond. A bond is set to insure that the accused appears for court when directed but may also set forth conditions to the release from jail pending trial. A lawyer cannot post bond for a client. If no bond is set, you should contact the office immediately to determine if filing a motion to set bond is appropriate.

What will happen in court?

If formal charges are filed by the district attorney, you will be notified of an arraignment date. At arraignment you will be afforded the opportunity to enter a plea, generally “guilty” or “not guilty”. It is crucial that you obtain legal representation prior to arraignment so that any appropriate motions can be filed on your behalf. If motions are not timely filed, you may waive or give up many important rights to obtain information about your charges from the State and/or fight your case.

The attorney can advise you about defenses you may have, and whether it is advisable to try to plea bargain or go to trial. In addition to presenting your case in court, our legal team will file appropriate motions, carefully investigate your case to uncover evidence, interview witnesses involved, including police, bring in witnesses, when appropriate, to testify on your behalf, present you with defense options to help you combat your charges and negotiate with prosecutors to have your charges or sentence reduced, if possible.

What should I do if I get a DUI?

Should you or a family member receive a traffic citation for driving under the influence, it is imperative that you contact an attorney’s office immediately or your license could be suspended should you fail to take action within 10 days of receiving the citation. 

For assistance with any criminal or traffic offense, contact our office for a free initial consultation. It is important to bring any documents you have received regarding the offense to your consultation, including the citations, temporary driving permit, bond information, warrants, police incident report and any court documents.

Scroll To Top